Followers

Sunday 11 May 2014

Mad About...

Here's another of my makes that I did in March. It was for my step-daughters 21st birthday. I designed the card as a gate fold as I wanted the inside to surprise her. The front of course had to be her favourite colour which is purple so out came my tonic dies for the plaques and borders and my Tattered Lace dies for the words and numbers all tied up with purple ribbon.


As I know she's a little mad about Giraffes I was desperately looking for an image I could use. Luckily Google came to the rescue and this absolutely gorgeous image popped up on Mo's Digital PencilI also made a concious decision to keep it simple so that the image inside stood out and wasn't hidden by a lot of embellishment (that was on the front of the card). It was coloured with Promarkers all shades of brown with the exception of the flower.


Giraffe
Burnt Umber, Henna, Cocoa, 
Caramel, Tan, Putty, Almond

Flower
Purple, Yellow, Leaf Green












The image was mounted onto black & then purple card before being added to the inside of the gate fold. I used the perfect layers rulers to do this matting and layering, I only got them recently and they are fab makes it so much easier to get everything right.



I do have to add that my step-daughter loved her card.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen, love your colour choice. I have also used this image before and think it is great. I am not surprised it was recieved so well. Flora xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog & thank-you for leaving a comment which I look forward to reading.