Followers

Friday 2 May 2014

Anything Goes at Anonymous Stamps

A little news for you today, I was asked to join the Design Team of Anonymous Stamps and I say: Yes please & thank-you for asking! 

This came about after entering my Mothers Day card into one of their challenges. It's my first ever DT membership and this post is my first ever DT card so I hope you like it. The challenge this month is Anything Goes so hop on over to the Anonymous Stamps Blog pick up a free digi stamp and enter the challenge.

I've chosen Windswept as my main image for this months challenge but I've actually incorporated a second image Strawberry Blossom, it needed a little resizing and also flipping to fit but I thought they worked perfectly together. The colour combination is an unusual one for me but I'm really pleased with the outcome.


The card base was made using pearlescent copper card-stock and the largest Spellbinders Grand Stately Circle die. The second largest die from the same set was used to cut the green paper. Using some of the left over card-stock I then attached the two circle dies to create an easel card base.

The images were coloured with Promarkers the colours used are listed below:



Hair
Pastel Yellow, Raw Sienna, Terracotta

Skin
Almond, Blush, Dusky Pink

Dress & Bow
Lime Zest, Lime Green, Pear Green


Flowers
Primrose, Soft Lime, Tulip Yellow
Eggnog, Apricot

Leaves & Stems
Lime Zest, Lime Green, Pear Green

The Windswept digi stamp was then attached to the front of the card as were the two floral stamps, the latter with Pinflair glue to add some dimension. 

I created the stopper using another Spellbinders die, Medallion One. which I attached to the base of the easel with foam tape. The flower I added to the top of this and the centre of the floral digi stamp was created using Crealies Creative Flower die number 10.



The design was finished off with a few gems, some ribbon and a sentiment stamped onto the same papers, these were also cut with Spellbinders Circles and Lacy Circles.



Now you've got through this long post don't forget the challenge over on the Anonymous Stamps Blog.







1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen,
    Great to have you on the team.
    Your card is adorable. I love your colouring.
    This image is so great to colour I already made it a few times.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog & thank-you for leaving a comment which I look forward to reading.