Followers

Saturday, 1 March 2014

Valentine

I decided I wanted to do something different for my husband this Valentines day as we've had a really hard start to this year already. It's the first time I've tried anything like this and as I got a melt pot for Christmas I thought it would be a good way to use it. I had a basic idea in my mind but had no idea what would come out of it. I'm really pleased with the result and I'm glad to say so was my husband.


I started with an MDF frame with the four apertures and I used the Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges of the frame. I used a kraft coloured paper to cover the frame, I could probably have done away with this as it was a very similar colour to the MDF but I decided I wanted the paper base. To make the edges fit I used sandpaper to remove any excess & then I inked the edges with the Antique Linen to hide the white left behind.

I created the outer frame using a Tonic punch on copper Centura Pearl paper & the inner frames is a Tonic die that I cut 8 times. I then glued all this on & added brown/gold card-candi to complete it. For all the sentiments except the 'Love' I found the sayings on various sites on the internet and used Craft Artist Professional to create them. I then printed them onto Crafters Companion Neenah card stock and die cut them using spellbinders nestabilities.

In the top left hand aperture I've used the Spellbinder D-Lite Medallion 1 Die and added the brown/gold card-cani to the centre. The sentiment was die-cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 with a red mulberry paper backing.



The bottom right aperture was much the same as the top left other than a I used D-Lite Medallion 5, a pink mulberry paper, a button was added to the centre of the die & a different sentiment.



The top right aperture uses a Tattered Lace die for the corners. The frame was created using my melt pot with UTEE and a Martha Stewart mould. The heart was a created using the small Spellbinders Mixed Media Hearts One Bezel as the mould. I stamped the Love onto some heart patterned paper.



For the bottom left aperture I again used my melt pot & the small & medium mixed media Hearts One bezel as the moulds. I then dropped in the key before it had cooled down. This sentiment was die-cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1.


I wanted to get hold of a small stand or easel but couldn't find one at the time but we later found one in Hobbycraft so this is now how it is displayed, excuse the background but it was the place with the best light.



I enjoyed making this and is something I'll do again when I've got the right celebration and/or inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog & thank-you for leaving a comment which I look forward to reading.