I then made the box up using the tutorial on the Craftworks Cards blog, it was so easy and added papers to each part, these were printed from one of the duck design sets off the Pollyanna Pickering British Wildlife DVD.
I printed two copies of the digi stamp and coloured them with my Promarkers, the colours I used were:
- For the yellow part of the flowers: Sunflower, Canary, Yellow, Buttercup
- For the orange part of the flowers: Mandarin, Orange, Saffron, Ivory
- For the stems and leaves: Bright Green, Leaf Green, Pastel Green
Once coloured I attached one of the digi stamps in its full form to the box at the back. The other I cut down into two and used parts in the middle and at the front. To add further dimension I added some die-cut flowers again coloured with the same colour Promarkers and filled in the spaces in the box. These flowers had orange gems added to the centres.
I then decorated each of the flaps of the box ensuring the whole time that it would close OK and also fit in the envelope.
All the die cuts were done using Centura Pearl card stock and coloured with Promarkers which I love doing as the shimmer remains it's great for toning things to the colours your using on a project. The colours used were as listed above with the addition of black which was used in small amounts on the butterfly. The following dies were used:
- Tattered Lace: Chantilly Bow, Alphabet (free with issue 3 of the magazine)
- Crealies: Creative Flower 10
- Marianne Design: Butterfly
I was really pleased with how this turned out so I can see me doing more of them. I hope you enjoyed seeing this one and I've entered it into the Anonymous Stamps March challenge which you can find here.