Followers

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Pop Up Mothers Day


Well I've jumped on the band wagon & created my first pop up box for my Mothers Day card. It started out with me wanting to find an image of daffodils to colour as these are one of my Mums favourite flowers but no idea what I was actually going to make. I found a lovely digital stamp designed by Anonymous Stamps called Just Daffs which fitted the bill perfectly.


I then made the box up using the tutorial on the Craftworks Cards blog, it was so easy and added papers to each part, these were printed from one of the duck design sets off the Pollyanna Pickering British Wildlife DVD.

I printed two copies of the digi stamp and coloured them with my Promarkers, the colours I used were:

  • For the yellow part of the flowers: Sunflower, Canary, Yellow, Buttercup
  • For the orange part of the flowers: Mandarin, Orange, Saffron, Ivory
  • For the stems and leaves: Bright Green, Leaf Green, Pastel Green

 

Once coloured I attached one of the digi stamps in its full form to the box at the back. The other I cut down into two and used parts in the middle and at the front. To add further dimension I added some die-cut flowers again coloured with the same colour Promarkers and filled in the spaces in the box. These flowers had orange gems added to the centres.

I then decorated each of the flaps of the box ensuring the whole time that it would close OK and also fit in the envelope.

 

All the die cuts were done using Centura Pearl card stock and coloured with Promarkers which I love doing as the shimmer remains it's great for toning things to the colours your using on a project. The colours used were as listed above with the addition of black which was used in small amounts on the butterfly. The following dies were used: 

  • Tattered Lace: Chantilly Bow, Alphabet (free with issue 3 of the magazine)
  • Crealies: Creative Flower 10
  • Marianne Design: Butterfly

I was really pleased with how this turned out so I can see me doing more of them. I hope you enjoyed seeing this one and I've entered it into the Anonymous Stamps March challenge which you can find here.

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Die Mad

I made this card a while ago but never got round to putting it on the blog. It's made using a range of dies.

To make the card base I created two 7in by 5in cards from white Centura Pearl card-stock & then I scored to create the fold back flap. 


Before I stuck the two separate card bases together I used the half-cut technique with the Tonic dies to create the shaped flaps. Again I used Tonic dies to crate the purple mats 

All the other elements were cut from white centura pearl card-stock and some were left white and others were coloured with a purple Promarker before adhering it all to the card.


The Happy Birthday sentiment, bag showes and corners are from the Tattered Lace collection. I can't remember which brand the flower and swirls are, sorry.


The stamped saying is from the Crafters Companion Frou Frou collection and were stamped using Distress Ink Seedless Preserve.


Saturday, 1 March 2014

Valentine

I decided I wanted to do something different for my husband this Valentines day as we've had a really hard start to this year already. It's the first time I've tried anything like this and as I got a melt pot for Christmas I thought it would be a good way to use it. I had a basic idea in my mind but had no idea what would come out of it. I'm really pleased with the result and I'm glad to say so was my husband.


I started with an MDF frame with the four apertures and I used the Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges of the frame. I used a kraft coloured paper to cover the frame, I could probably have done away with this as it was a very similar colour to the MDF but I decided I wanted the paper base. To make the edges fit I used sandpaper to remove any excess & then I inked the edges with the Antique Linen to hide the white left behind.

I created the outer frame using a Tonic punch on copper Centura Pearl paper & the inner frames is a Tonic die that I cut 8 times. I then glued all this on & added brown/gold card-candi to complete it. For all the sentiments except the 'Love' I found the sayings on various sites on the internet and used Craft Artist Professional to create them. I then printed them onto Crafters Companion Neenah card stock and die cut them using spellbinders nestabilities.

In the top left hand aperture I've used the Spellbinder D-Lite Medallion 1 Die and added the brown/gold card-cani to the centre. The sentiment was die-cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 with a red mulberry paper backing.



The bottom right aperture was much the same as the top left other than a I used D-Lite Medallion 5, a pink mulberry paper, a button was added to the centre of the die & a different sentiment.



The top right aperture uses a Tattered Lace die for the corners. The frame was created using my melt pot with UTEE and a Martha Stewart mould. The heart was a created using the small Spellbinders Mixed Media Hearts One Bezel as the mould. I stamped the Love onto some heart patterned paper.



For the bottom left aperture I again used my melt pot & the small & medium mixed media Hearts One bezel as the moulds. I then dropped in the key before it had cooled down. This sentiment was die-cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1.


I wanted to get hold of a small stand or easel but couldn't find one at the time but we later found one in Hobbycraft so this is now how it is displayed, excuse the background but it was the place with the best light.



I enjoyed making this and is something I'll do again when I've got the right celebration and/or inspiration.